Attorney Clay Schaeffer focuses his practice on representing individuals in labor and employment law matters in state and federal courts. Additionally, he maintains a reasonable caseload of select personal injury matters, namely workers’ compensation cases for injured workers, as well as a few slip and falls, automobile accidents, and medical malpractice matters.
A St. Louis area native, Clay grew up in Creve Coeur and attended St. Louis Priory. From Priory, Clay enrolled at Mizzou, where he was accepted to the Honors College as an incoming freshman. During college, Clay hosted a weekly morning radio show on the University’s campus radio station, KCOU 88.1 FM. Upon graduation from Mizzou, Clay accepted a Dean’s Scholarship to attend the University of Dayton School of Law. After law school, Clay moved back to St. Louis to begin his career.
Prior to partnering with Dan McMichael to form McMichael, Logan, & Schaeffer, Clay gained experience in multiple arenas. He operated as a solo practitioner out of an office in Clayton, MO for a few years, sharing space with a few of the areas most accomplished and experienced attorneys. Prior to that, Clay spent the first phase of his career in-house as an attorney at an international manufacturing company that operated in Missouri, Tennessee, West Virginia, Mexico, and Canada. His experience in manufacturing gives him a unique perspective that makes him a uniquely positioned advocate for unlawfully treated parties in labor and employment law cases and people who have been injured at work. Clay and his wife currently live in Town and Country with their dogs, Rockefeller and Midori.
- University of Dayton School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- Dean’s Scholar
- University of Dayton
- PhD Coursework
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honor’s College
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
Associations, Memberships, and Certifications
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- American Association for Justice
- St. Louis Tax Assistance Program
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Stray Rescue St. Louis
- Holmes v. Union Pac. R.R. Co., No. WD82867, 2020 Mo. App. LEXIS 756 (App. June 9, 2020)