Daniel J. McMichael (Dan) has been a trial lawyer since 1974 and has the highest trial rating, 5.0, from his peers under Martindale’s rating system. For the first 15 years he practiced mostly as a defense lawyer. Since then, he has been exclusively representing victims of employment discrimination, negligence, medical malpractice, defective products, and the industrially injured before the workers’ compensation board. He further coordinates and pursues major class action cases. He is licensed to practice law in Missouri and Federal Court, and he regularly argues at the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court. Dan has championed cases leading to several pivotal judicial opinions that have majorly affected Missouri law.
He is a member of various local and State bar associations and has spoken and written on areas of legal practice. He was born in Saint Louis and raised in Webster Groves. He and his family currently live in Glendale, MO.
- University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law ’74
- Juris Doctor
- University of Missouri – Columbia ’67
- Bachelor of Arts
- Missouri Court of Appeals
- Missouri Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
Associations, Memberships, and Certifications
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Stephanie Engle