Schaeffer Law provides an affordable outside general counsel solution to small and medium sized business clients who do not have their own dedicated legal department. Essentially, we serve as your “go-to” or “on-call” legal counsel for a wide variety of matters, in a way that is very similar to large corporations who have “in-house” lawyers.
We offer a variety of solutions for your legal needs. We enter into short term or long term contracts with your company to meet your particular requirements. These are done at reduced legal services rates.
The scope of our services is limited to whatever you prefer, but examples of common issues to be addressed are:
- Debt collection and settlement of disputes with vendors, suppliers, and others;
- Contract negotiation;
- Organizational restructuring and succession planning;
- Lease renewals;
- Internal documentation and quality control systems;
- Employment practices, including hiring, firing, and layoffs;
- Severance negotiation;
- HR issues;
- Internal audits;
- Workplace training;
- OSHA investigations and representation;
- MCHR and EEOC charges of discrimination;
- Attendance at board meetings or management meetings;
- Risk prevention;
- Insurance matters;
- Unemployment Hearings;
- Trade secrets and proprietary information.
If you would like to discuss an outside general counsel arrangement, please contact us today.